Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Covenant

The Covenant 11 Sep 2015 20:32 #231

• admin
  • Administrator

The Covenant

One way to understand a covenant is too see it like a marriage. Two people fall in love, decide to spend their lives together, and then get married.

Although there is a lot of love for each other, there's also a contract. This is a written contract between a man and his wife saying 'I love you enough to give everything I am and everything I have to you.' And then a return the marriage vow is exchanged so that the two of them become one. Everything he owns is hers, and everything she owns is his. They are one person, yet they are two people. The contract becomes a legal document, a contract, that helps them to stay within certain boundaries. neither one of them can walk away from the covenant without repercussions.

In our covenant/contract with the Lord God Almighty, He is the one who will never walk away and never be found unfaithful.
He will never stop loving you or being there for you in a relationship.
If we, on the other hand, mess up and become unfaithful, He promises to forgive and receive us back as if nothing had ever happened.

He promises to love us,
watch over us, provide for us,
and keep us safe.
He speaks to us and tells us which way is best, and how to walk on this earth.

Old Covenant

We can see in the example of the promises that he made to Abraham to the nation of Israel what promises are available to you and I under the old covenant.

Here is a simple list of things. You can find it in the book of the bible called Deuteronomy chapter 28:

1 Carefully obey the Lord your God, and faithfully follow all his commands that I'm giving you today. If you do, the Lord your God will place you high above all the other nations in the world.

2 These are all the blessings that will come to you and stay close to you because you obey the Lord your God:

3 You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country.

4 You will be blessed. You will have children. Your land will have crops. Your animals will have offspring. Your cattle will have calves, and your flocks will have lambs and kids.

5 The grain you harvest and the bread you bake will be blessed.

6 You will be blessed when you come and blessed when you go.

7 The Lord will defeat your enemies when they attack you. They will attack you from one direction but run away from you in seven directions.

8 The Lord will bless your barns and everything you do. The Lord your God will bless you in the land that he is giving you.

9 You will be the Lord 's holy people, as he promised you with an oath. He will do this if you obey the commands of the Lord your God and follow his directions.

10 Then all the people in the world will see that you are the Lord 's people, and they will be afraid of you.

11 The Lord will give you plenty of blessings:You will have many children. Your animals will have many offspring. Your soil will produce many crops in the land the Lord will give you, as he swore to your ancestors.

12 The Lord will open the heavens, his rich storehouse, for you. He will send rain on your land at the right time and bless everything you do. You will be able to make loans to many nations but won't need to borrow from any.

13 The Lord will make you the head, not the tail. You will always be at the top, never at the bottom, if you faithfully obey the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today.

14 Do everything I'm commanding you today. Never worship other gods or serve them.

The thing is, the people of God kept messing up. But then, they did not have the supernatural power of God to help them hear His voice and do His will, we do!

New covenant

As great as the Old Covenant is and as many examples that can be found in it as we read and study and learn more about the one we are in covenant with, it was not enough. The Lord knew we were not able to hear and obey and everything, and it was costing the people of God a great price. But now, we are in a different dispensation of time in history on God's time line, and we are under what we call the New Covenant. The Bible tells us that the new covenant is better than the old covenant.

We have available to us all the conditions of the first covenant/contract plus more promises available. We have the promise of the Holy Spirit to be with us and to help us with His power and strength assisting us to remain faithful.

There are so many things in this New Covenant that are available to us that He says we are not able to comprehend all of it, and this is where the beauty of the new covenant comes in. *** He begins teaching us about the promises that are involved in this new covenant. We begin a relationship with the Lord. ***

For the sake of brevity, I will not make this a long and drawn out article.

The beginning step for you is to seek to enter into this covenant with God. The moment you make this decision, your life will begin to change for the better. You are not going to see all the changes happen at one time, but instead daily, as you continue to walk with him in a relationship, things begin to change. You will never regret coming into a covenant with the Lord God Almighty.

Choose now:

Even if you do not understand everything I am saying, but if you can see a hope and a joy that I am trying to reveal to you, and lift up your eyes and speak to the Lord God Almighty and tell him that you desire to be in covenant with him forever. His ears are open to hear you speak to Him.

You are not reading this by chance ... you stopped at this webpage and saw this post by His ordering your steps here. You are here because He loves you and He led you to read this and desire it.

So it is at this point I can say to you, “choose life and live. ”.

Now, did you ever think you were coming to a webpage to receive a wedding invitation to your own wedding/covenant?

Congratulations!
This has become the best day of the rest of your life for all eternity, beginning now!

<{{><
Last Edit: 12 Sep 2015 12:49 by admin. Reason: Making it easier to read.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds